Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Fairview Park, OH
Job Status: Sourcing
- The Golf Construction Senior Technician maintains and enhances Cleveland Metroparks golf courses by performing skilled work on all aspects of golf construction and maintenance. This position will report to their assigned Cleveland Metroparks golf course regularly, but will be required to report to other Cleveland Metroparks golf courses based on project schedule.
- Performs skilled work in golf course irrigation, drainage, construction and renovation.
- Performs skilled work in golf grounds maintenance including; cutting cups, raking bunkers, and mowing greens, tees, and fairways while exercising a degree of independent judgement. Understands how to read and implement irrigation, drainage and elevational drawings. Performs and assists with the shaping and renovating of golf course features including but not limited to tees, greens, and bunkers.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and proficiency in the handling and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Understands how to calibrate tank sprayers and material spreaders for application of products on the golf course.
- Understands, operates and maintains trencher, skid steer, mini-excavator and other related construction equipment.
- Understands, operates and maintains the following equipment: Green, tee, and fairways mowers, greens roller, tractors, topdressers, spreaders, and other related turf equipment.
- Trains other team members in equipment operation, maintenance, and safety procedures.
- Understands how to properly secure and transport golf and construction equipment.
- Performs assigned duties with efficiency and attention to detail.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner to maintain a safe work environment and surrounding areas for oneself, co-workers, and public.
- Responds to hazardous situations and/or potentially unsafe conditions by taking corrective action as capable, and promptly notifying supervisory personnel.
- Provides work direction, changes work assignments, and corrects work activity of other employees, as assigned. Performs related duties as apparent or assigned.
- Minimum 2 year degree or relevant experience in a construction related field or turfgrass science.
- Knowledge of golf course construction and turf maintenance tasks.
- Ability to complete a project by reading a drawing and executing the necessary tasks in proper sequence for maximum efficiency.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license under the laws of the State of Ohio.
- Must possess or obtain a Class A CDL within 6 months.
- Experience with basic maintenance and operation of construction and turf equipment.
- Must possess or obtain a pesticide license within 6 months. (CAT 8 Turf endorsement preferred)
- Familiar with golf etiquette and the rules of golf.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit leadership consistent with teamwork approach that recognizes the contribution of all employees.
- Keeps current with new production methods, techniques, and materials by work assignment locations.
- Possess the necessary written and oral communication skills to communicate professionally.
- Work Hours: 5 consecutive days. Schedule determined based on location and need.
- Filing Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Submit an application and resume on the Cleveland Metroparks career site at the following link: recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1151751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000814109706#/
Start Date: ASAP
Education Level: High School
Company Name: Cleveland Metroparks
Company Address: 4101 Fulton Parkway
Zip Code: 44144
Contact Name: Crystal Tarrence
Contact Phone Number: 216-635-3280