Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Cleveland, OH
Job Status: Sourcing
- The Technician maintains and enhances District's facilities, as assigned, by performing skilled and semi-skilled work in a manner, which results in a quality product and/or program consistent with District policies.
- Performs semi-skilled and, as capable and as assigned, skilled work in at least one of the following:
- Carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, irrigation/drainage, turf/agronomy, forestry, heavy equipment operation, mechanical, horticulture
- Performs semi-skilled work, and as capable and as assigned, skilled work in a responsive manner by exercising a degree of independent judgment.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity and leadership. Reports task accomplishments to supervisors and anticipate problems and recommends solutions.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and proficiency in the handling and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Performs routine mechanical repairs and rebuilding work on equipment beyond first echelon of maintenance. Assists in the completion of construction renovation projects and extensive repair work of facilities.
- Operates and maintains at least two pieces of the following equipment: Trucks; tractors; farm and light construction equipment; front-end loader; backhoe; hydraulic mowing equipment; utility vehicles; bulldozer; grader; aerial bucket; tree spade; stump cutter; special skilled-trade tools.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with at least two years of skilled-level golf course experience. Completion of an approved course in the specific trade or skilled area from an accredited technical school.
- Course work up to and including certification (i.e., Arborist, etc.), Associate Degree and/or university classes in turf, agronomy, forestry, horticulture, plant science, natural resources, or related fields, is preferred and would strengthen a candidate's application.
- Demonstrated ability to perform variable physical requirements of park and golf course maintenance work.
- Possess or obtain an Ohio commercial driver's license (CDL), when required by work assignment or location. Certification or licensure applicable to trade or specialized fields preferred.
- Possess or obtain an Ohio Pesticide Applicator's License in turf grass within six months.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit leadership consistent with teamwork approach that recognizes contribution of all employees. Keeps current with new production methods, techniques and materials by work assignment locations.
- Possess the necessary written and oral communication skills to communicate professionally. Must have current experience in and knowledge of golf course procedures duties, equipment operation, calibration and maintenance.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to return to work to water or syringe golf course.
- Must be willing to work rotational night watering.
- Knowledge of golf turf, golf course equipment and mechanics.
- Valid Ohio driver's license.
- May be scheduled to work weekends and holidays, perform nighttime irrigation and/or required to return to work to irrigate or syringe golf course.
How to Apply: Submit an application and resume on the Cleveland Metroparks career site at the following link by 10/22/21: recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1151751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000778597906#/
Start Date: 12/6/2021
Education Level: High School
Company Name: Cleveland Metroparks
Company Address: 4101 Fulton Parkway
Zip Code: 44144
Contact Name: Crystal Tarrence
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone Number: 216-635-3280