Job Type: Full-Time
Location: City of Twinsburg - Gleneagles G.C.
Job Status: Sourcing
SUMMARY: Assists the Director/Superintendent with supervision and maintenance of all functions of golf course upkeep including training and safety.
- Assists in the training and supervision of seasonal staff; delegates maintenance tasks and follows-up to ensure completion.
- Ensures that employees use all required PPE and that safety standards are being practiced.
- Performs daily maintenance tasks, including mowing, raking bunkers, cutting cups, and course set up.
- Assists in the compliant record keeping of pesticide and fertilizer sheets.
- Responsible for ensuring the availability of tools and supplies needed for operations and for preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring the irrigation system is operating correctly & responsible for repairs.
- Assists Mechanic in mechanical repairs as required by workload.
- Assists in planning and the maintenance of all golf course areas including removal of trees and repair of drainage system.
- Assists in application of chemicals and fertilizers.
- Operates all equipment.
- Assists in all aspects of golf course maintenance operations as the workload dictates.
- Adjusts daily work schedule as required to complete golf course maintenance priorities.
- Will be required to work overtime and flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Provides responsibility for the department in the absence of the Superintendent.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure that individuals with disabilities are able to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum two-year Turfgrass/Agronomy Degree.
- 1 to 3 years golf course maintenance experience.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a State of Ohio Pesticide License within first year of start.
- Working knowledge of turfgrass maintenance equipment and irrigation systems.
- Ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and technical procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. . Ability to work with mathematical concepts and calibrate chemical/fertilizer equipment.
- Ability to recognize potentially unsafe conditions and behaviors and correct them in a positive and appropriate manner.
- Ability to input access and retrieve information from department computers.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as copiers and fax machines.
- Ability to safely use maintenance tools and machinery.
- Ability to work closely with the Golf Course Superintendent.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic while taking pride in their work.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
How to Apply: Visit mytwinsburg.com - Jobs
Start Date: ASAP
Company Name: City of Twinsburg - Gleneagles G.C.
Company Address: 10075 Ravenna Road
Zip Code: 44087
Contact Name: Michael L. Brown or Jim Roberts